June 9, 2012

Nutella Mug Cake

Well, it has been too long. I haven't blogged much lately but that does not mean I haven't been baking! I am currently on a banana bread kick. I've made banana bread about three times in the last month or so. I can't help it, it just tastes too good. What I do like is that I have had the chance to make this a few times and get the recipe perfected. I've added one cup of chocolate chips - Amazing addition. Ryan is a big fan. I feel like I have this one down, which is a good feeling. Often I just experiment so it's great to have a solid recipe in my baking arsenal.

One new thing I was able to try was sent to me by a co-worker. She sent me a recipe for Nutella Mug Cake and I was surprised at how simple it was. All the ingredients are mixed together in a coffee mug and then microwaved. I was slightly skeptic at first but I found this so easy and delicious that I actually want to cut this post short and go make some right now. So yummy!

I am not sure where she found it but I am glad it is now in my recipe book. She also sent me the day of her birthday with the recipe; I took the hint. I tried it at home first over the weekend. I felt like it had too much Nutella (I know, not possible right?) so the next time I added just a little less. I've made my adjustment in the recipe below. I am also really tempted to add chocolate chips to this just to give it that little bit of gooeyness.

Nutella Mug Cake


Ingredients
4 tablespoons self rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients in a large coffee mug. I mean, really large. It definitely rises a lot so use a big mug. Whisk together until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!

This yields a very large portion. I could barely eat half of it when I made it at home. For my next go at it I am going to try dividing the recipe in two and putting it in ramekins. Something simple, quick, and delicious. I like those kinds of recipes!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment